The Personal Data Protection Act
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 or “PDPA” governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal data by organisations. It contains various obligations relating to the Do-Not-Call Registry (“DNC Obligations”) and the protection of personal data.
1.0 Your Personal Data
- Your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, personal telephone number(s), personal mailing address, personal email address, employment history, education background;
- Photos, portraits and/or video recordings of you;
- Information about your use of Heartware Network’s websites, including cookies, IP addresses, etc.
- Any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
2.0 Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Heartware Network may collect your Personal Data in one or more of the following ways when you:
- Visit our websites and register with us as Volunteers / Partner
- Donate or offer your volunteer time through our websites;
- Register and attend our events, training, workshops and talks etc;
- Visit our premises as CCTV recordings is on for 24 hours;
- Interact with any of our Employees, Interns, Volunteers or Board Members;
- Request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- Respond to our communications;
- Submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons;
3.0 Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1 Heartware Network may collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data for the purposes for which you have consented, and where applicable, for the purposes listed below:
3.1.1 Invite you to participate in Heartware Network’s events and activities.
3.1.2 For administration and servicing, we will collect, use and disclose your personal data, for any of the following purpose(s):
- Administration of your data or profile, which may include but is not limited to:
i. Carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiries by you;
ii. Assessing and processing your requests made to Heartware Network;
iii. Administering your interaction with other third-parties made through Heartware Network
- Complying with all applicable regulations, laws and internal policies and procedures;
- Investigating fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omission, and whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- Informing you of changes and updates to our services, policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information;
- Corresponding with you, which may disclose certain personal data about you on envelopes and/or packages;
- Subject to applicable law and any other purposes set out in the Terms and Conditions and privacy statements of the activity you have undertaken at Heartware Network.
3.2 All Personal Data submitted to us should be complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with services you have requested and/or to process or administer the Personal Data.
3.3 Where Personal Data is submitted by you concerns another individual other than yourself, you represent and warrant to us that all the necessary consents (in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation, including without limitation the PDPA) have been obtained from the relevant individuals and that you have retained proof of these consents, such proof to be provided to us upon our request.
3.4 If you have provided us with your Singapore telephone number(s) and have consented to contact by telephone, we may contact you using the number(s), unless you are on the DNC Registry for Individuals.
3.5 You shall consult your parent or guardian before providing us with your Personal Data if you are under the age of twenty-one (21).
4.0 Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1 The disclosure of your personal data may be from Heartware Network to:
- our employees, volunteers, partners, board members;
- you in the form of personal data you had previously supplied us;
- Vendors engaged by us to perform processes required for the administration of your data or to send marketing material or messages to you;
- Vendors engaged by us to store and maintain our data and documents (including storage for business recovery purposes);
- Any regulatory, government and statutory body to comply with applicable, laws or regulation or upon their valid request;
- Professional advisers to Heartware network such as auditors and lawyers;
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to, including but not limited to your consent specific to the Heartware Network’s activity.
4.2 Neither Heartware Network nor any of its officials shall be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any user as a result of any disclosure of any personal data which you have consented to Heartware Network and/or any of its officials disclosing.
4.3 Heartware Network shall make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks to Personal Data in its possession.
4.4 Heartware Network shall ensure that third parties who receive Personal Data from Heartware Network protect such Personal Data in a manner consistent with this Policy and not use such Personal Data for any purposes other than those specified by Heartware Network, by incorporating appropriate contractual terms in its written agreements with these third parties.
4.5 Heartware Network is not responsible in any way for the security and/or management of Personal Data shared by Individuals with third party websites accessible via links on Heartware Network’s website.
5.0 Protection, Policies and Procedures
5.1 To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial policies and procedures to safeguard, secure and/or dispose the Personal Data we collect.
5.2 Notwithstanding the above, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the internet is completely secure and you are transmitting Personal Data over the internet at your own risk.
5.3 Heartware Network reserves the rights to retain your Personal Data for as long as your use our services and it is necessary required or relevant for business or legal purposes.
On our websites, we may use “cookies” to track information about user frequency, profiles and preferred sites. This information will assist us in improving our websites. You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, you may not be able to access certain part(s) of our websites or services.
7.0 Third-Party Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. You will access these websites at your own risk.
8.0 Contact Us