The Personal Data Protection Act
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 or “PDPA” governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal data by organisations. It contains various obligations relating to the Do-Not-Call Registry (“DNC Obligations”) and the protection of personal data.
1.0 Your Personal Data
- Your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, personal telephone number(s), personal mailing address, personal email address, employment history, education background;
- Photos, portraits and/or video recordings of you;
- Information about your use of Heartware Network’s websites, including cookies, IP addresses, etc.
- Any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
2.0 Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Heartware Network may collect your Personal Data in one or more of the following ways when you:
- Visit our websites and register with us as Volunteers / Partner
- Donate or offer your volunteer time through our websites;
- Register and attend our events, training, workshops and talks etc;
- Visit our premises as CCTV recordings is on for 24 hours;
- Interact with any of our Employees, Interns, Volunteers or Board Members;
- Request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- Respond to our communications;
- Submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons;
3.0 Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1 Heartware Network may collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data for the purposes for which you have consented, and where applicable, for the purposes listed below:
3.1.1 Invite you to participate in Heartware Network’s events and activities.
3.1.2 For administration and servicing, we will collect, use and disclose your personal data, for any of the following purpose(s):
- Administration of your data or profile, which may include but is not limited to:
i. Carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiries by you;
ii. Assessing and processing your requests made to Heartware Network;
iii. Administering your interaction with other third-parties made through Heartware Network
- Complying with all applicable regulations, laws and internal policies and procedures;
- Investigating fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omission, and whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- Informing you of changes and updates to our services, policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information;
- Corresponding with you, which may disclose certain personal data about you on envelopes and/or packages;
- Subject to applicable law and any other purposes set out in the Terms and Conditions and privacy statements of the activity you have undertaken at Heartware Network.
3.2 All Personal Data submitted to us should be complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with services you have requested and/or to process or administer the Personal Data.
3.3 Where Personal Data is submitted by you concerns another individual other than yourself, you represent and warrant to us that all the necessary consents (in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation, including without limitation the PDPA) have been obtained from the relevant individuals and that you have retained proof of these consents, such proof to be provided to us upon our request.
3.4 If you have provided us with your Singapore telephone number(s) and have consented to contact by telephone, we may contact you using the number(s), unless you are on the DNC Registry for Individuals.
3.5 You shall consult your parent or guardian before providing us with your Personal Data if you are under the age of twenty-one (21).
4.0 Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1 The disclosure of your personal data may be from Heartware Network to:
- our employees, volunteers, partners, board members;
- you in the form of personal data you had previously supplied us;
- Vendors engaged by us to perform processes required for the administration of your data or to send marketing material or messages to you;
- Vendors engaged by us to store and maintain our data and documents (including storage for business recovery purposes);
- Any regulatory, government and statutory body to comply with applicable, laws or regulation or upon their valid request;
- Professional advisers to Heartware network such as auditors and lawyers;
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to, including but not limited to your consent specific to the Heartware Network’s activity.
4.2 Neither Heartware Network nor any of its officials shall be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any user as a result of any disclosure of any personal data which you have consented to Heartware Network and/or any of its officials disclosing.
4.3 Heartware Network shall make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks to Personal Data in its possession.
4.4 Heartware Network shall ensure that third parties who receive Personal Data from Heartware Network protect such Personal Data in a manner consistent with this Policy and not use such Personal Data for any purposes other than those specified by Heartware Network, by incorporating appropriate contractual terms in its written agreements with these third parties.
4.5 Heartware Network is not responsible in any way for the security and/or management of Personal Data shared by Individuals with third party websites accessible via links on Heartware Network’s website.
5.0 Protection, Policies and Procedures
5.1 To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial policies and procedures to safeguard, secure and/or dispose the Personal Data we collect.
5.2 Notwithstanding the above, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the internet is completely secure and you are transmitting Personal Data over the internet at your own risk.
5.3 Heartware Network reserves the rights to retain your Personal Data for as long as your use our services and it is necessary required or relevant for business or legal purposes.
On our websites, we may use “cookies” to track information about user frequency, profiles and preferred sites. This information will assist us in improving our websites. You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, you may not be able to access certain part(s) of our websites or services.
7.0 Third-Party Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. You will access these websites at your own risk.
8.0 Contact Us
This Website is owned and operated by HWN.
The materials located on this Website including the statistical data, reports, charts, graphs, information and documentation (the Contents), are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by the HWN.
Restrictions on use of Contents
Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this Website shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, without prior permission of HWN. To use any parts of the Contents on this Website, the user must seek permission in writing, stating the Contents for use; intent of use; manner of use; time frame of use and identity of the user. HWN reserves the right to refuse permission without declaring reason(s) and/or if information submitted by user is deemed insufficient.
Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of HWN’s copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of HWN.
Provided permission is expressly granted by HWN, the Contents are available if :
- due acknowledgement is given to “Heartware Network”, citing the sources for the relevant data extracted.
- the Contents are used for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and
- no alterations, additions or modifications of the Contents are made in any way.
Any request to reproduce the Contents from this Website for publication or commercial use should be submitted via our feedback form to:
568 Ganges Avenue #02-100
Disclaimer of warranties and liability
The Contents of this Website are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, HWN does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty:
- as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Website;
- that the Contents available through this Website or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Website and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
HWN shall also not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use of the Website, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the Contents contained in or available from the Website.
Right of access
HWN reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Website to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Website, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
Links from this Website to other websites
This Website contains hyperlinks to websites which are not maintained by HWN. HWN is not responsible for (and does not endorse) the contents of those websites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those websites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such websites are entirely at your own risk.
Hyperlinks to other websites are provided as a convenience to the user. In no circumstances shall HWN be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites to which this Website is linked.
Links to this site from other websites
Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Website or any of the Contents are prohibited.
You must secure permission from HWN prior to hyperlinking to, or framing, this Web Site or any of the Contents, or engaging in similar activities.
HWN reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of this Website or any of the Contents.
Under no circumstances shall HWN be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites that link to this Website or any of the Contents.
HWN reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any website containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
HWN reserves the right to disable any unauthorised links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other website reached by links to or from this Website or any of the Contents.