Heartware Network’s Measures Against Covid-19 as of 30 Mar 2020
Most of the volunteer meetings had already been shifted to e-platforms prior to the news of the Quarantine Order (QO), in accordance with the advisory to limit all gatherings to a maximum of 10 people on 25 March 2020.
Heartware Network has and will continue to implement precautionary measures. These include:
- Daily temperature checks, with staff to do temperature checks 2 times per day
- Intensifying cleaning routines and environmental hygiene in the office area
- Training will be conducted for less than 10 pax at all times.
- Markings on the entire office floor area (at least 1 meter apart) to allow social distancing practices
- Hand sanitizers readily available at all times for all volunteers
- Masks can be provided to volunteers who require them
Volunteers will need to ensure that they have done their declaration form, checked their temperature and sanitised their hands before being involved in any activities in Heartware Network.
Heartware Network would also like to inform everybody that one of our volunteers has informed the staff immediately upon receiving the QO and provided details. The volunteer’s last contact with Heartware Network was on 23 March (one day before contact with confirmed case). The volunteer has not been in contact with anybody else from Heartware Network ever since serving the Quarantine Order as of now.
Hence, we would highly encourage all volunteers who face such situations could also inform our staff as soon as possible.
Heartware Network will continue to closely monitor the situation to ensure that the well-being of our volunteers, beneficiaries and staff is safeguarded.